Saturday, April 30, 2011
So as the title of this post states, these legs are coming along amazingly! I have all the base colors on, as well as a lot of the painted weathering and the wash/glaze. While this is the majority of the work for most people, I'll be using a wide variety of my now massive weathering pigment collection to weather not only rust spots, but grease stains in the joints and pistons, dirt and grime on EVERY bolt, and dirt and mud around the toes. Check out below to see more pics as the painting progressed on this part of my project!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
So as you can see from this post, I have been working hard on the base for this monster of a model. I feel that with the detail of the Chaos Warhound Titan, I need to try to match it with a equally impressive base. While not entirely done, check below to see how it is coming along!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
So with all the parts washed of their mold release, and assembled as far as they will be until they are painted, I have started the arduous task of painting this beast! So far I have painted the legs silver, washed them twice, and stared at it for a good long while trying to figure out what shade of green to paint the armor plates. Check below for pics of the legs and more info on this base pictured!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
So I have the Chaos Warhound Titan put together in the pieces I will paint it in, so after the water dries off, we'll be good to prime and base paint! I glued together the parts before cleaning, which is normally the opposite of what I do, because I was worried of losing all the pistons in the sink. I would have washed it in a bowl, but I don't have one big enough to fit the whole leg assembly in it, hehe. Anyways, I also screwed around with weathering pigments this morning, and I like how they came out for a first attempt. Look below to see more of the groups I will be painting in, as well as my models from this morning!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
So, the Chaos Warhound Titan came in yesterday, and along with it was a Forgeworld Iron Warriors Dreadnaught with a Chaos Plasma Cannon and a Chaos Chain Fist. Needless to say, I was happier than a pig in shit. So, as I work on cleaning off all of the shit attached to the pieces of the Titan, I began wondering about how I am going to paint the pieces. The conclusion I came to is that it will be in SEVERAL pieces, then green stuff so there are 0 gaps, then painted, then matte varnished, then glued together, then touched up, then matte varnished, then weeped over in tears of joy. The other thing I will be trying is weathering powder. Being from the dark side of the playground, and given the Nurgle theme of my army I am building to showcase with this bad boy, they shall be rust!!! However, I have never worked with weathering powder, so I need help. If anyone out there could tell me a good way of achieving rust effects using weathering powders without over doing it, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm not weathering EVERY piece of metal, but there are some spots that are prime candidates for it, and on a piece of this size, I want it work out right. So, any help would be much appreciated. Also, I plan to get pics up of the pieces as I get them into the groups I will be painting them in, as well as the Death Guard termi's. On order as well are some Blight Drones, some FW plague marine upgrades, and a Death Guard Dread. Also on ebay, I purchased a Nurgle Dread and a Nurgle Chaos Marine Sorceror. Should be fun. Anyways, I'm off to the Doctor's and then I have some dremeling and sanding to do, so I bid you all a fair well. And remember, HELP ME WEATHER!!!!!
Monday, April 11, 2011
So I based Typhus a little better, added some dark flock and a few pieces of stick. Not too shabby if I say so myself. I'm going to go about painting the other nurgle models slightly differently, but that's the story of painting a new scheme, you learn your lessons and adjust. As for the Blood Angels Death Company Dreadnaught, I got a decent amount of work done on that today, so look below for more pictures!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
So I picked up this model Thursday and it drove me to paint non-stop for the last two nights. Here is where I stand on it. It is about 99% done, had an issue where the mat varnish sprayed grey shit all over the model, so I have to fix that now, and I need to fix the basing a bit more once it's fully dry. Other than that however, it's done. Check below for some more pics!
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
So I nonchalantly bid on a brand new, still in the FW bags Chaos Warhound Titan with three weapon arms included, still in bags as well...and won somehow. I ended up only paying $350 plus S&H, which is a HUGE deal, so I am stoked about that. My wife isn't though. Anyways, the seller also said that since I paid immediately that they were sending me a FW Chaos Dreadnought (they didn't specify which one, but beggars can't be choosers) with arms for free, so that is EPIC! So once I get that, I will start a series of step by steps on me painting it and putting it together, so hooray for a new project while I have all my other unfinished ones! And you people thought the name of my blog was a joke. Until next time, I hope all you imaginary friends are safe...and that you stop telling me to do bad things.