Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Necron Tomb Stalker WIP

So I finally got this thing built.  I have been extremely busy with school, so I managed to get it done over three days, which isn't too bad in my opinion.  It is a large amount of parts, most of which are poseable beyond belief, and getting every single leg (which is at least two parts per) in place was some what of a nightmare.  However, now that it is done, I appreciate the option to do that.  I built this guy crawling over a dragon skull, and the model for the skull actually allows me to hook the legs into certain cracks and whatnot, so he is actually hanging almost sideways on parts of it.  The model isn't even glued on at the moment, it just rests there.  Anyways, a couple more pictures below, and some more info on what else I have been up to.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some WIP's!!!

So I haven't posted in a good while now, but I have been very busy since I just started school up again, and I am taking accelerated 5 week courses instead of traditional semesters since my GI Bill only covers 36 months of school, regardless how much I finish.  5 week courses means that I do as much homework in one week as most people do in 3-4 weeks.  Not fun.  However, I have managed to get some stuff done for the hobby!  The picture above is the base I made for my Necron Tomb Stalker that I have yet to even clean...but at least the base is assembled!  It's made using two different Secret Weapon Miniatures products, their Dragon Skull and a 95mm x 120mm oval base from their Desert Mesa line of bases.  As I have said before, I absolutely LOVE the products Mr. Justin puts out.  High quality and cheap prices are always a winner in my opinion.  Anyways, I am all over the place with my WIP's at the moment, so check out below!

Friday, February 3, 2012

A how to! Destroyers done quickly.

So today I was bored and I decided to finally do a How To on how I paint my Necrons.  I made some last minute changes to my 500 point list, so I needed 2 Destroyers painted in a hurry, and I had 3 built already, so the last guy got lucky and I painted him anyways.  Check below for the multitude of pictures I took during the process!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First Ghost Ark complete-ish...

So with exception to the prow, which I somehow didn't even notice till I was editing the photos, this model is done!  It took a little longer than I would have liked, mostly due to me breaking a nozzle for my airbrush, rushing it in for extra money, and then losing the new nozzle down the drain later that night while cleaning, but oh well.  Also, this has to have been my least favorite model to put together.  Satan designed this model.  It looks great, but damn is it a pain.  Even the driver is in like 300 pieces...his hips are separate from his legs and torso...  Anyways, check below for more pictures (YAY!).