Saturday, April 16, 2011

Warhound update!!!

So with all the parts washed of their mold release, and assembled as far as they will be until they are painted, I have started the arduous task of painting this beast!  So far I have painted the legs silver, washed them twice, and stared at it for a good long while trying to figure out what shade of green to paint the armor plates.  Check below for pics of the legs and more info on this base pictured!

So there are the legs.  Like I said earlier, it was painted silver and washed black twice.  Not too shabby so far, but it will need a lot of attention to get the right look.  I will be using several weathering powders (now that I have worked on the technique), and it should look pretty sexy in all honesty.  As for the base, I picked up a wooden oval plaque from my local Michael's and went to work on that bad boy.  For some depth, I put down some little bits like an oil drum, a plastic part from god knows where that looks like rubble and some pipe, some small rubble made from plaster bricks and sand, and for the final touch is pre-painted (which I will be working on still, to not make it stand out as much) ruined buildings from Gale Force 9's "Battlefield in a Box" line.  The outlines you can see on the base are where the titan and the ruins will go.  I have to paint without the bigger ruins since they are pre-painted, but I think the end result will look amazing.  Anyways, I am off to fiddle around with this project some more, and maybe work on some of my projects that have been put on the back burner due to this bad mofo.


  1. Looking good mate!

    Take your time; its the only advise i'd give. It took me over 6 months to build and paint my Reaver Titan, and i backtracked many times during construction and painting. They're such nice models it'd be a crime not to do them justice!

    Look forward to seeing it progress!

  2. That's how I feel. It pains me to see people post pics of theirs on the internet where they have glued the top shut, or where they put two layers of paint and a wash on it and called it done. I plan on taking every single piece as it's own project, which is why most of the upper body will be painted as seperate pieces. I'll be posting all of it as I go along though, so feel to check in once and a while :)