Thursday, November 17, 2011

Librarian fixed and a WIP update


So I decided I wasn't happy with how I had the Librarian's sword, so I rummaged through my bits box and found a Staff that Kromlech had sent to me for free when I bought the Jetbikes off of them.  I like this look a lot more, as it is different from everything else in the army, yet it still fits the overall design.  Anyways, below you will find another shot of the Librarian, my Contemptor Dread arm collection, and my built (minus heads, of course) purifier squads.



So here is a front view of the Librarian.  Pretty straight forward, I still think it will look more complete when the head is on, and if not, I will screw with it until I like the look.  As for my weapons arm for my three Contemptor Dreads, here you go (minus the 6 DCCW I have as well)


So yeah, I have a nice selection.  The weapons on the left are Twin Linked Autocannons made from Contemptor Heavy Bolter arms kit bashed with Autocannon Barrels from the IG Heavy Weapons Team kit.  I bought the barrels online to avoid having to buy 12 heavy weapons teams to make these...

But now, on to the classy stuff.  Here is my Purifiers!  I built them in the order I had them listed on my "Need To Build" list I made, so here is how that went.  First I built my Halberd dudesmen:



I was a little worried when I built the first one, mostly because the Scibor Halberds were so large, but now that I have them all built and in squads, I think they came out nice.  After these guys I built my Psycannons and two Demonhammer dudes.



I like them, but I am still contemplating how to make those Demonhammers look more....right?  I dunno, they work, but I am convinced that I could somehow do better.  Anyways, lastly, I built my regularly equipped Purifiers and my Knights of the Flame.  The only difference between the two in this batch was that the KotF have an actual Grey Knight shoulder Pad on their right shoulders, as well as a purity scroll somewhere on their persons.  They will be painted slightly different as well, but this little bit will help me differentiate them as well.


So, once they were done, all I had left to do was to break them down into squads!

Basically, the way they are built is as follows:

Squad 1:

1 KotF, standard wargear
3 Purifiers w/ pyscannon
1 Purifier w/ Demonhammer
3 Purifiers w/ Halberd
2 Purifiers w/ standard wargear

Squad 2:

1 KotF, standard wargear
2 Purifiers w/ pyscannon
1 Purifier w/ Demonhammer
4 Purifiers w/ Halberd
2 Purifiers w/ standard wargear

Squad 3:

1 KotF, standard wargear
3 Purifiers w/ pyscannon
1 Purifier w/ Demonhammer
3 Purifiers w/ Halberd
2 Purifiers w/ standard wargear


Now, I obviously won't be running them like this in games, but I just built 30 guys that I felt I could use to make squads as I needed.  I have the Purgation squad as well to throw into the mix, or two swap around special weapons as needed.  Tonight I am going to sit down to build a couple of lists, and hopefully I can get a relatively low point game in even!  Looking at the clock, however, shows me that it is nap-thirty o'clock, so I am off to the couch!  Enjoy and feel free to leave bitches, gripes, and complaints...er, I mean "constructive criticism and suggestions."





2 comments:

  1. Still very cool. Obviously they'll look better with heads but you already explained that. Can't wait to see them finished and painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking sharp! I've been using that set of Kromlech weapons for my own Thousand Sons, and I really like them. Looking forward to seeing these painted up - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete