Monday, January 9, 2012

First squad done (I think...)


So here is the first squad of Immortals.  In fact, I was thinking this morning that this is actually the first whole squad I have painted in a VERY long time.  I usually paint up my big models and special characters, and then look at my squads and get frustrated just thinking about all the repetition that will be involved.  Not this time though! 

So yeah, I am actually enjoying painting these Necrons, so I have been thinking about playing Necrons in my escalation league that starts in 3 weeks.  It hasn't started yet so switching armies is still cool.  We'll see though. 

Next up is some HQ's for the army!  I have several built in various stages and primed, so now I need to figure out what I intend to do.  For the scaled cloaks, I want to do something cool, but I am unsure as to what.  So I might spend some time this morning using the Googles to see what's out there.

Anyways, I'll post more pictures as I take them, but seeing as 3 of the 5 light bulbs from my light are dead, I need to get more before I can take better pictures.  Yay me.  I hate spending money these days on anything but models, but it's all I ever seem to do >.<  Damn you real life issues!

4 comments:

  1. Looking sharp! I really like the color scheme you're going with - a really nice change from the bog-standard green.

    Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!!

    Im following you !

    You can follow me too ! i Got a Painting Blog !

    http://malditoduendeminiatures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that shinyness on the red is gone in those pics (For me) and darn do they look good together! Awesome scheme mate - one of my fav Necron schemes to date. Excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I redid the shoulders on that one,even though I still don't know why they were shiny to begin with. All said and done though, I am much happier with this bacth than I was with the first test model.

    And as for DuendE, no problem man!

    ReplyDelete