So I finally got this thing built. I have been extremely busy with school, so I managed to get it done over three days, which isn't too bad in my opinion. It is a large amount of parts, most of which are poseable beyond belief, and getting every single leg (which is at least two parts per) in place was some what of a nightmare. However, now that it is done, I appreciate the option to do that. I built this guy crawling over a dragon skull, and the model for the skull actually allows me to hook the legs into certain cracks and whatnot, so he is actually hanging almost sideways on parts of it. The model isn't even glued on at the moment, it just rests there. Anyways, a couple more pictures below, and some more info on what else I have been up to.
So without further adieu, here you go.
I really like how this is coming out, and once it gets painted and glued on to the base, I will be adding a bit more snow around the legs and in certain other areas. I'm going to really cement a few of the legs on to the base with glue, and having snow lets me cover up the nasty look from that fairly easy.
As for painting this, I plan on priming it silver, just like all my other Necron toys, and then working on each armor plate by hand, and finishing with the good ol' air brush. It shouldn't be too bad, and when I bust out the air brush I am going to do some warriors that I have built and sitting here all silvery and whatnot.
I also have worked slightly on my Warmachine models, but not too much, so I didn't bother taking pictures. Mostly just some small details and what have you. I'll throw those pictures up as I get them done, but that won't be after payday since I need to buy bases for them from Secret Weapon Miniatures any ways.
Anyways, I am off to my night class on Microsoft Excel (yay me...FMCL), so I will catch all you interweb peoples another time!
Update: I just made some snow drifts on the base out of green stuff in spots where it won't affect the placement of the model, so after that dries I will put on a second layer of snow to cover those up. After that dries, I plan on making a much thinner mix using water effect instead of PVA and coating the whole snow area with it, since I saw pictures which makes it look more snow like I guess you could say. I'll also put the mix along the edges of the snow where it meets the actual open base, so it won't look like the snow just abruptly ends, haha. I'll throw pictures of the base up once I finish with it all. I'll hopefully have the whole thing done some time this weekend, so keep on checking back in the mean time.