Friday, August 31, 2012

An update!

So I haven't posted in  a while, but I just had midterms so I was fairly busy with that.  However, I haven't completely stopped painting.  I have been doing a Forge World Greater Brass Scorpion as a commission piece, and matching it to the paint job off of the Forge World site, and it is coming along great!  I have finished the armor plates, which were airbrushed, as well as the cables, which I built up from black to a very dark grey so that you can actually make them out.  Once it is done, I will make sure to put up pictures.  I am also working on 40 Plague Bearers and a Soul Grinder for my Death Guard army.  The airbrushing, washing, and dry brushing is done, and all I have left on them is the detail work and to rust the metal parts.

On to more important news, I actually won my local painting competition.  I got a Vallejo Game Color paint set with 72 paints, 3 brushes, and a carrying case for it all.  I was very pleased about that! 

My final bit of news is that I plan on starting some commission work on models.  I have to knock out some more models that I am currently working on, and I have to set up my blog to reflect it, but I should be ready to go in a month or so.  I will only be doing single modes, single squads, or large vehicles/monstrous creatures.  I used to do large scale commission painting in the past, but I cannot do anything more than a few models or else I start to resent it.  I will be painting to only one degree, which will be a high-table top level, and the pricing will be on a case by case basis.  Stay tuned for more info on that.

Anyways, sorry for the lack of content on here, but the stuff I post in the next week or two should be amazing and make up for it.  Everyone have a great and safe Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment