Friday, June 15, 2012

What, I still have a blog? Oh, yeah....


So to get the obvious out of the way, I haven't posted in over a month.  Lots of things have been going on.  Diablo 3 came out, and my damn near 250 hours of time played between my 3 60's shows that I no longer have a life...  Also, I have been trying to close on a house, and that should finally be finished next Friday.  That means a bigger man cave, and the chance to paint my walls however I want (wife approving, of course).  I also have been frustrated with GW over their recent price changes AGAIN, but the Internet is filled with enough vitriol over that, so I won't bore you with my feelings.  On a bigger note though, I have dove head first into Warmachine and Hordes.  More info on all of this though below!

So yes, I am actually a big fan of Warmahordes now.  I played my first game about 2 weeks ago and have come close to fanboy status since then.  I have passed 100 points of Cygnar (not including the 2 Storm Walls I will be picking up next weekend, and Nemo3), and I have bought a small amount of Legion as well.  I'll have pictures of the Cygnar up once I actually get some painting done, but I chose to paint up the Legion stuff first since it is a LOT less and will only take me a fraction of the time the Cygnar stuff will.  Here is some rough WIP shots of the Legion beasties:


So here is my first Carnivean.  I enjoy the plastics a lot, and I am mostly finished with this guy.  I tried airbrushing on some matte varnish on these guys, but it actually left a sheen of sorts that I am not fond of.  It also dulled down the chitin to the point where the three colors I labored to put on there are blended together in a not so great way.  Doesn't look bad, but doesn't look as good as it did before my experiments.


Here is the Warlock I'm building around.  Thagrosh2.  I love the model quite a bit.  The muscles are very defined, which makes painting them with an airbrush very easy.  He has quite a bit more work until he is done, but he is coming along nicely.


And yet another big beasty.  For my thoughts on this model, see previous Heavy Warbeast, haha.


Here are my Shredders.  Very simple models, so painting them isn't really a challenge at all, haha.  I did think about being an ass and finding little TMNT Shredder Models online and using those, but I don't think that it would work well with PP's strict conversion rules.  Maybe one day though.

I have actually worked on my table lately as well!  I have been working to break up the flat landscape on it, putting terrain and craters and such around the table.  It looks slightly different from before, so I didn't bother to take pictures.  I really need to stop being lazy and finish it, but it's hard to find time between my family, my models, and Diablo 3, haha.  One day though...

Also, for those of you wondering why I have that golden dudesman as the first picture here, it's because I'm selling another army on eBay (HERESY!  HERESY!).  I'm leaning away from 40k, and I actually have been for a while considering I have only played 3 times in the last 18 months.  I'm going to keep my Death Guard in the off shoot that 6th is super fun and that they don't slap me in the face with another shitty Chaos codex, but we'll see.  So that means, however, that I am selling off my Heresy Era Thousand Sons!!!!  It's been a labor of love, and a very good learning experience on converting an entire army, but alas, I must part ways with it.  The retail on all of the bits and models is right around $2000, but I have it listed with a starting bid of $1350 and a buy out of $1700.  I'm hoping that the bidding goes well for me, but that's about a 50-50 chance on eBay these days.  We'll see though, since it is FILLED with all sorts of Forge World goodness.  Anyways, for those interested, here is the link:

BUY ME RIGHT MEOW!!!!

Other than all of that, I just started a Warmahordes league, so hopefully that ends up being as fun as it sounds.  I'll post more pictures of all of my WIPs, and I'll try to be more loving to this blog, haha.  Take care and hopefully I'll have more pictures this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment