Sunday, September 11, 2011

Okay! So it has been a lot longer than I said...


First, I want to start by stating that it seems most of my post titles are apologetic these days.  I don't know why.  Well, I do know why, but I don't wish them all to be.  I just feel a sort of remorse about not posting more.  It has been CRAZY here though.  I finally got moved in to my new place, got everything unpacked, and I am starting to get settled.  This has taken A LOT longer than anticipated due to the fact that I also started school again a few weeks ago...after an 8 year break.  And let me tell you all out there, being a 26 year old Freshman sucks.  I think of most people in my classes as children, and in most cases, I am actually closer to my professors ages than my fellow students.  Weird.


Anyways, on to more important things, I have in fact been busy with my models when I have had the time.  My Chaos Warhound Titan is coming along quite nicely, and with some helpful tips from Forge World's Model Masterclass book, I've got some nice effects going on.  I have also been working on some of my Deathguard Termie's, which are turning out quite nicely as well.  I am going to try to take pictures of it all tonight so you can have something to reference and to also prove that I'm not a liar, haha.

As for the Heroes of Armageddon army that I won, it is UNBELIEVABLE.  I took it to my local 'Ard Boyz and went 2-1 with it, which is actually quite a feat since A) I have never played orks before then and B) I went against a flamer spamming Vulkan list first, followed by a termie and Land Raider filled Deathwing Army second.  Not ideal for a horde Ork army, haha.  I'll try to get pictures of this up as well, along with some other pictures of the models I have added to the army, which is quite a lot already.

And on a final note, all the Internet hype is getting me pretty excite for Necrons, and I am hoping to hear more come UK Gamesday!  I played Necrons a bit back in the day when they first came out, and after my several year break from the game, I was sorely disappointed to see that they didn't have a new codex or models yet, so I didn't bother to pick them back up.  However, with the promise of some good tom foolery in this new codex, I am thinking about getting my hands on them this winter.  Until then, I am saving up my money and waiting to buy one large stupidly awesome order.  And I promise not to paint them plain silver either...they have so much potential and people ruin it with a coat of silver, a black wash, and a dry brush of silver again.  Come on people, where is the creativity!?!?!?!?!

Anyways, my son is on a rampage, so I must pick up after him and I will try to accomplish what I have promised during the ever elusive "nap time".  Until then gamers, find a good forum and rage about George Lucas ruining Star Wars further!

No comments:

Post a Comment