Wednesday, September 28, 2011

GW crushed my inner Necron this weekend...


     So I think I'm not alone when I say that I am disappointed that not a single shred of info on Necrons came out at Games Day last weekend.  I have been saving what little money I can in anticipation for them, but GW keeps beating me with the secrecy stick.  Stupid GW....anyways, at least a few cool things came out of the Forge World side of the world over the last week, and I am just a bit more than excited for the new edition of Apocalypse.  While I did love the last edition, it had many flaws to it that we had to house rule to death to enjoy, so I am anxious to see what they cooked up for us with this one.  They also have info on Chaos Contemptor Dreadnoughts in there, and I swear to God that if they gave it Berserk I am going to openly weep.  Also, their announcement that IA 12 will no longer involve DE but instead Chaos and IG has me at odds.  While as a Chaos player I am unbelievably happy to see this, I do think that the DE need some more love than just the little sprinkling they have got from FW so far. 


   
 On to other topics however, my Titan is slowly but surely coming along.  I have been bogged down with homework lately, which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been out of school for 8 years, and I haven't had as much time as I have wanted to just sit down and get shit done.  I should however have it done within the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for the pictures when I throw them on here!  I will also have an actual photo area set up in my house so the photos won't turn out as shitty as my last set did.  The amount of light from the flash in those makes me sad, haha. 

     With my birthday coming up in a few weeks, I am looking at getting a new airbrush and compressor, which will greatly pick up the pace of my projects.  Since I moved away from Kentucky, I have had nobody to "borrow" a set from for unspecified amounts of time, and after being spoiled, base coating by hand sucks.  Especially since I still have around 100 (not exaggerating either) Death guard models to base coat.  Anyways, I am off to bed hopefully so I will catch you all later, and in the mean time, list any cool paint schemes you can think of for Necrons that aren't just a layer of silver with some wash.  I thought about rusting them out beyond belief, but from what I hear that won't fit with the new fluff all that well.  We'll see though!

1 comment:

  1. So ignore this post, haha. With almost 2 dozen pre-orders of the codex at my FLGS, I'm not gonna jump on this wagon. I just can't bring myself to have the same army as everyone else :'(

    ReplyDelete