Tuesday, March 17, 2015

X-Wing time!


So I follow quite a few painting blogs, and I came across this gem about a week ago from Den of Imaginations Facebook page.  I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan boy, and the repaints they did on some ships for the recently added Scum and Villany faction got me excited and thinking about trying it myself.  So with that in mind, I of course dove right in!

I've managed to pick up a few ships to start out, and played a demo game of X-Wing at my FLGS to provide myself with at least a limited frame of reference when researching popular builds.  After the few games I tried, I absolutely love the game and feel rather secure in my purchase.  I didn't really know what to do with the new ships though, since my experience was limited to the X-Wing and the TIE Fighter, so I looked for some lists to try out and came across this article on Fantasy Flights website.  It seemed sound enough, so I built the lists using Army Builder and bought a few more ships to fill out my roster.

I haven't picked out a color scheme yet, but I'm thinking of using a slate grey with a bright color to contrast it, most likely a green or an orange.  I've searched around on google as well, and there are a lot of pictures to reference with what everyone else has done, so I'm sure I'll figure out something.

That aside, I have been very sick and haven't really accomplished much in the scope of models or gaming.  A bunch of my friends are jumping into Guild Wars 2, so I figure I'll give that a try, and my DM for D&D is finally getting back from a 2 month trip to Africa, so hopefully I'll be able to dust off my character and continue to kill some baddies with those guys.  Once I get all my ships primered and base coated, I'll be sure to post some pictures up here for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment