Wednesday, February 18, 2015

So what have I been up to?


Wasting away in Diablo 3, as well as World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm.  Blizzard somehow has a strangle hold on me to where I have to play all of their crack all the time (except Hearthstone, because if I wanted to buy cards nonstop to win, I'd play Magic).  Season 2 in Diablo 3 has started, and every time I get ranked on the national ladders and go to bed, I'm back down several hundred spots by morning.  Well played Blizzard, well played.  Add to that the fact that I destroy solo level 34 Greater Rifts on my Demon Hunter, but keep getting screwed with horrible RNG on level 35 rifts, it gets really frustrating.

That aside, I have been doing a LOT with Admech, both modeling and reading.  I finished the Priests of Mars series from Black Library, and it is absolutely amazing!  It has quite a few different character types it follows, from the witty Rogue Trader, the obsessive Eldar Farseer, to your rarely discussed in previous books Skitarii Magos even!  Space Marines, Admech, Titan Legions, it has everything!  It has also fueled my need to work on my Admech army that I have been blowing money on regularly (thanks Forge World...dicks), and I'm actually waiting for paint to dry right now on some models while I type this.

Finally, my play group and I have been knocking out some campaigns with D&D 5th edition, which is MILES above where 4th edition was, but we have had to take a break while our DM spends some time in Africa...  We managed to switch to Twilight Imperium to kill time on our game nights though, and that has actually been working out great.  It takes a while to set up, and even longer to play, but once people start texting each other secret plans and alliances, it gets interesting.

Now, as I had mentioned previously, I have 2 auctions up on eBay for those of you looking to score some SWEET deals.  The first one is my half painted and heavily converted Lamenters army that I was working on.  It has LED headlights in the Razorbacks, custom shoulder pads from Shapeways, everything!  With all I have been doing for my Admech though, and all the stuff that keeps coming out for them, it's impossible to focus on two large projects.  Since Forge World and GW only want to make stuff for one of the two, I choose Admech.

The second listing I have is for my Fantasy Endtimes Glotkin army that I bought,  Everyone at my FLGS swore up and down that they were going to play Fantasy, so I bought this army because I thought the models looked awesome.  Long story short, nobody else ended up following through on that idea.  So yeah, it's for sale now.  I base coated the big models, but most of it is still in boxes.

Anyways, by now the paint on my models should be dry, so back to my airbrush, but keep an eye out for more posts, rants, pictures, and what not from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment